FSA Premier League Fans Group MEETING MINUTES, 17 October 2019

fsa.jpg

WHUISA Minutes- FSA Premier League Fans Group Meeting

Date of Meeting: 17th October 2019

Venue of Meeting: Wesley Hotel London

1.PL Structured Dialogue

Proposal- there will be 6reps from the PL group to represent all PL clubs at FA meetings. The 6 will be rotated. PL has agreed ad-hoc meetings around specific items can be called, those that have worked on the issue will attend those meetings.

FSA will propose delegation for meeting with PL to the PL. All minutes from PL meeting to be shared with group.

2. No to European Super League

This will now go to wider consultation including with the FSA and the PL network. The motion passed at the FSA conference 2018 stands. FSA proposals accepted at FSE Lisbon AGM.

Agreed the FSA will recirculate the 6principles agreed. Fan groups to contact their clubs re the FSA letter (principles)

3.General Election and FSA Manifesto

Ahead of a General Election the FSA has drawn up a manifesto for football. There are 5subjects to approach political parties on:-

  1. Wealth distribution with 5%to grassroots football as previously agreed.

  2. Rail tickets prices/ flexible tickets (fan’s fare),

  3. Safe Standing

  4. Independent governance of clubs and support for clubs in crisis.

  5. Diversity issues – asking all political parties to re-commit to diversity and against discrimination.

FSA meeting with Political Parties and discussing how FSA manifesto can be included in party manifestos.

FSA to forward manifesto to Trusts/ISAs.

FSA to review opening the vote Football platform to be re-opened for election.

4. VAR

During discussion around what was demonstrated to PL Trusts/ISAs on Stockley Park visits re what would be shown in the stadiums, it was felt that what the Trusts/ISAs were shown originally, is not always what is happening. The in-stadia communication is seen as an ongoing issue with lack of communication a concern.

FSA to ask PL for feedback re their view of VAR to date. PL is tracking VAR use, the data generated will inform re impact. Information to be shared with Trusts/ISAs.

5.Kick off Times Working Group Feedback

The December/January announcements were late being published. They were due on 11/10/19 but came out 5pm on 17/10/19.

The FSA has been publicising the anger felt by Trusts/ISAs. WHUISA has been one of the contributors to this publication. This has been picked up by Talk Sport, Athletic publication and the Mail.

Following a discussion with suggestions re how to move forward, from those present, following action agreed.

Kick off Times working group and FSA to draw up strategy, share with network group and discuss with PL.

6.FA Cup Matters

The FSA has set up a meeting with the FA to discuss a range of fan issues around the FA Cup arrangements. Issues for discussion include semi-final/final prices-do they need to be reduced? Replays for rounds 3 and 4- these are financially helpful for lower league clubs should 5th round have replays? Extra time for replays, income from semi-finals/finals, TV fixtures and rescheduling, TV timings with 5th round mid-week how will scheduling impact on travelling to/from games? Allocation for final-should this be aligned with UEFA allocations?

Governance of Football Clubs

The FSA has called on the FA to take the lead in response to governance of football clubs.

The FSA presented a resolution that the current financial and governance regulations need strengthening. That regulatory reform is required.

The FSA proposal was agreed unanimously.

FSA will tweet out the message about regulatory reform next week. Trusts/ISAs to share message and show solidarity with the message.

7.AOB

a) alignment of PL transfer window to Europea leagues

PL clubs voted to close summer transfer window at the start of the season. Some PL clubs now want to reverse the decision.

Trusts/ISAs to ask clubs for their view on aligning transfer window with Europe.

Trusts/ISAs to get consensus from own members.

b) Evidence gathering at UEFA matches

Information sharing between fan groups useful source of evidence building.

Clubs participating in European games to collect evidence of facilities. This will be discussed further.

c) Socios

WHUISA updated meeting re Socios’ ongoing actions. The principle of fans paying for a say in their club re-affirmed as not acceptable.

WHUISA 2019 survey had 90%of respondants stating they feel it is wrong to monetise fan voice.

Discussion around how Socios operates, financial implications, potential impact on younger fans and Socios link with West Ham United, followed.

FSA board to get further information from proposers and continue working on Socios issue.

d) Football and Dementia

Discussion around projects to support mental health and football clubs.

PL Network to share current initiatives taking place at their clubs. 

e) Communications for PL Network

Minutes to be shared with full PL Network group.

Meeting closed 8.30pm