Minutes of Meeting Between WHUISA and WHUFC Date of Meeting – 30th November 2017

Minutes of Meeting Between WHUISA and WHUFC Date of Meeting – 30th November 2017 Present at meeting

Representing WHUISA
Mark Walker (MW) – Acting Chair George Mann (GM)- Treasurer Sue Watson (SW)-Secretary WHUFC
Tara Warren (TW)
Jake Heath (JH)
Dan (D)
Issues raised
Trust and fan’s perspectives

GM opened discussion by recapping the 48hours post Watford and how that has impacted on fan’s views of WHUFC and issues of trust with the board. WHUISA wants to work for fans and with the board.

TW stated WHUFC want to engage with fans. TW explained the SAB is the true fan representation opportunity to engage with WHUFC.

MW queried why the view of SAB is ‘true fan representation’ as those on SAB are selected not elected. The perception is the SAB is a closed shop. JH pointed out WHUISA has a place on the SAB.

JW outlined how the SAB are constituted. As a way forward WHUFC are looking to put public profiles on the website of those on SAB.

MW pointed out that WHUISA has an elected committee and that the SAB may have taken a backwards step since moving away from a clear, election/selection process of candidates.

Distance of seats from the pitch raised. TW stated the seats have to be a certain distance from the pitch and be retractable as stadium is multi-purpose. MW pointed out the funding for seats is from the taxpayer and this may be an ongoing issue.

TW stated the issue with no home games in August 2016, was a “one off” and won’t happen again. It was for one year only. TW also stated WHUFC has “kicked out” other events that would impact on game schedule.

MW raised the issue of the ticketing move from The Boleyn to The London Stadium and shared that had caused problems that are also being seen now.

TW replied that WHUFC have addressed the ticketing issue.

Key points/actions

MW formally requested monthly meetings with the club. WHUISA wants open, transparent dialogue with WHUFC. TW re-issued invitation to SAB. MW explained WHUISA has paid membership, so the rationale and role differs from other groups.

TW stated the issue with no home games in August 2016, was a “one off” and won’t happen again. It was for one year only. TW also stated WHUFC has “kicked out” other events that would impact on game schedule.

As a way forward WHUFC are looking to put public profiles on the website of those on SAB.

Champion Stones

The whole issue arose following lack of contact from club. Those that contacted WHUISA did so AFTER lack of contact from the club re update around status of stones. JH explained the laying of stones and the upkeep of stones are now being done in house.

MW asked if all those with outstanding issues had received contact from WHUFC to update them on status.

SW raised issue of programme sellers standing on the stones and that they are directed to their positions by supervisors.

Key points/actions agreed

JH informed those at meeting that YES all those with outstanding issues had been contacted. Those on phase 2 and 3 were contacted by 29/9/17.

JH explained all upkeep work will be finished by the Chelsea game.

JH to send out memo informing programme sellers NOT to sell programmes while standing on the stones.

WHUISA to contact all those on their database who raised concerns to clarify contact and customer satisfaction with WHUFC response

Away Tickets/Allocations

TW explained why WHUFC are trialling the 10% allocation to those with a low number of points against their season tickets. TW felt this was a largely positive initiative The end date for the trial is the Brighton game in February.

MW expressed how this is hurting those with 5-7 points and has the potential to create a massive pool of discontent. The fact that claret members may not accrue points for away games raised. There is a substantial demand for away game tickets

TW shared there are 49,000 on the waiting list for season tickets.

A discussion around the frustration re secondary ticket market followed. This included D. Gold retweeting to request tickets. WHUISA requested WHUFC look carefully at the secondary ticket market.

Key issues/actions.

WHUISA suggested for those away season ticket holders who are unable to attend a game, the club could be informed and the ticket re-assigned, possibly on-line. That way the supporter who takes their place gets the priority point too. This may be seen as a fairer system.

TW will take this suggestion back for further discussion. TW felt a good idea.

MW questioned why home games attracted points? He asked this be stopped.

TW will take this back as an issue.
MW proposed scrapping the 10% scheme.
TW acknowledged this is an issue and is working on this.
TW to feedback to D. Gold.
WHUISA to come back to WHUFC with further ideas re away tickets.

Ticket prices for 2018/19

GM asked what the pricing for season tickets for 18/19 is going to be? GM also queried if Band 1 prices are increasing from £99 to £200??

MW strongly questioned how WHUFC could operate as a business, without a business plan. This would include pricing.

GM queried upgrading and asked if WHUFC is aware of the concerns and issues amongst some of the fans?

JH is aware of a couple of issues at every game.

Key issues/actions

GM to send an email to JH regarding the issues. JH to respond. WHUISA to follow up with their members that contacted them to ensure satisfactory outcomes.

TW explained WHUFC have used ticket pricing as a way to move people around so groups can sit together. TW expressed the lack of desire to move founders based on pricing.

TW also explained WHUFC haven’t set prices for 18/19 yet. TW also explained not to take last year’s prices as a guide for founders as we move into 18/19 season.

Memorial Ground

WHUFC is taking this maintenance of this over and agreed it wasn’t in a good state.

The meeting closed with agreement that consistent fan engagement is important. WHUFC wants to keep lines of communication open. MW reiterated WHUISA has genuine intentions and a desire to work with WHUFC. WHUISA will never criticise other fan groups and is looking for regular dialogue.